Come experience views like no other, where the ocean meets the sea; see the beauty of Kaikoura and the incredible sperm whale from the comfort of a helicopter! This 30 minute helicopter tour allows you to see the whale from head to tail while experiencing incredible views. As New Zealand's only whale watching by helicopter company fully permitted by the Department of Conservation, join us to maximise your time with the whales, while minimising your impact on the animals.
What You'll Get
Arrive at our town office and enjoy complimentary transport to the helipads, located right next to the Kaikoura Whale Sanctuary, home to a year-round population of sperm whales. You are met by our friendly pilots for a short safety briefing and information on the wildlife.
After the briefing, board the helicopter to start your amazing experience! Head out into the Hikurangi Marine Reserve to spot the magnificent sperm whales while admiring the gorgeous backdrop of mountains. Resident pods of dusky dolphins are found here, and Kaikoura is on the migratory routes for other species including humpback whales, southern right whales, killer whales, and blue whales depending on the time of year.
Once you have spent time with the whale, relax and enjoy the flight back along the rugged coastline of Kaikoura, enjoying the views and spotting any other wildlife that are in the area. Stunning vistas and photo opportunities of the Kaikoura Peninsula, Seaward Kaikoura Mountain Ranges, and the Pacific Ocean await you at every turn.
Your experience ends back at the helipad where our complimentary transport is waiting to take you back to town or to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- It is recommended to bring some warm clothing, comfortable footwear, sunglasses and camera
- Our helicopters have a maximum of 4 passenger seats, if booking more they will be split between helicopters
- If booking within 48 hours of travel time please contact our office at +6433195548 or free phone within NZ 0800360886
- All flights are subject to weather conditions and minimum numbers. Please see our website for full terms and conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- Scenic helicopter tour to view whales and other wildlife
- Headsets to hear the pilot clearly during your flight
- Live commentary from our knowledgable pilots
- Round-trip transfer to and from town, with drop off's to hotels available
- Food and drinks
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Whale Watching with South Pacific Helicopters in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.