Departs 9:00am. Visit Kiwifruit Country and learn all about the kiwifruit industry before heading to Rotorua to take in the breathtaking sights of beautiful lakes, towering Redwoods, boiling mud pools and gushing geysers. Visit an authentic living Maori village and hear how they use the natural geothermal powers to do everyday chores. Hear the stories of their people and enjoy a moving cultural performance.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Rotorua, Rotorua, Rotorua District, Bay of Plenty Region, North Island
This tour starts with a drive through the suburb of Mount Maunganui with the iconic landmark mountain where you will hear the Maori legend of how Mauao got his name. See one of New Zealand’s most popular beaches "The Mount Main Beach" home of surfing, professional beach volleyball and surf lifesaving competitions. Listen to the history of the Bay of Plenty and how the first peoples to arrive here made this beautiful place their home.
Leaving Tauranga we head to Kiwifruit Country a working Kiwi fruit orchard, where you can taste the green and gold kiwifruit along with other fruit and juices. We explain the significance of the Kiwifruit industry to the region, hear about it's growing cycle and how this area grows the best Kiwifruit in the world.
Before entering Rotorua we stop at Okere Falls. Well known for its waterfalls and white water rafting and take a short walk through an example of our New Zealand forest.
In Rotorua we stop at Whakarewarewa, home of the famous Pohutu, and Prince of Wales Feathers Geysers and mud pools. Your Maori guide will take you on a guided tour of an authentic living Maori village. You will learn how the local Maori live amongst and use the natural geothermal resources in their daily lives, enjoy examples of Maori culture including the Haka.
Duration: 6 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Limited Mobility aid accessibility - please discuss with tour operator at time of booking.
- Infant seats available on request. Please discuss with tour operator at time of booking. (booster is on board at all times)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Passengers must be able to embark/disembark with minimal assistance.
- Please advise if travelling with a stroller or mobility aids.
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- 11 seater modern, clean air conditioned minivan for your comfort and safety
- Live commentary on board
- Local driver/guide
- Kiwifruit tastings
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Snacks - Free Locally made Kiwifruit Ice cream
- Food and drinks, unless specified
1 The Mall, Mount Maunganui, Tauranga 3116, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from Tauranga CBD and Mount Maunganui accomodation
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wicked Wanders Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.