Mount Alfred offers amazing 360 degrees views over Lake Wakatipu with Pigeon Island, the Dart & Rees Valley, Humboldt Ranges and the snowcapped Glaciers. This is a private mountain, so you will not come across any other people. Your guide has tremendous knowledge about the area and will share facts about the first settlers, geography, flora & fauna, and about overall New Zealand life on the South Island. This tour is private (min 2 persons) so you can hike at your pace.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mount Alfred, Otago 9372, New Zealand
You will meet with your guide in Glenorchy and he will take you to the start of one of New Zealand's most amazing hikes. It is a private area so you will not come across any other people. The views will be breathtaking, right over Lake Wakatipu, the Dart Valley and Earnslaw Glacier with its eternal snow. The ascend is through the native beech forest, and tussock grasslands. Once at the summit we will spend considerable time to admire & photograph the views and to explore further. Your locally born guide will tell you so much about the region's flora, fauna & history.
Duration: 1 hour
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Bottled water - We will up your brought water bottles or provide you with delicious fresh mountain water (filtered).
- Snacks - healthy energy snacks such as fruits, nuts and bliss balls will be on offer
- We offer the use of hiking poles and a day back pack on request
- Lunch - Lunch is not included, pls bring from home, or purchase at a bakery in Queenstown or at Bold Peak Lodge in Glenorchy
Bold Peak Lodge, Cnr Mull & Argyle Street, Glenorchy 9350, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Pls contact us for options to collect you from Queenstown or Wanaka
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/7/2019 - 11/7/2021Monday - Sunday:07:00 AM - 09:00 PM
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wildlight Safaris Aotearoa in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.