There are hidden pools beneath towering falls, picnic swimming spots along the way and the views to the surrounding mountains and lakes are breathtaking.
Our beginner climb involves approximately 1-hr of climbing and 4 bridge crossings. Our Via ferrata tour is perfect for those who love the outdoors, waterfalls and beautiful places. This tour is suitable for beginners, families and hesitant adventurers with basic fitness. No experience required.
Your beginner tour starts in Wanaka with a spectacular drive one out there we teach you how to use the equipment then climb alongside Twin Falls waterfall. You will be climbing on steel ladder rungs and crossing wire bridges to finish at a beautiful picnic spot for a snack. We then walk down a mountain trail and then drive back to Wanaka.
If you are more adventurous and are looking to explore more in this incredible vertical world, we recommend our intermediate climb.
What You'll Get
We will meet you at our office prior to departure. The drive to the waterfall is a very scenic 20 minutes around the lake. Once we arrive we will fit you with safety equipment and teach you how to use it on our practice area. We will then start the waterfall climb where you will be climbing on rungs and crossing bridges next to the waterfall for approximately 1 hour. We will stop for a snack before crossing the final bridge and then walk back down a trail to finish. We will then drive you back to town.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- What to bring: water bottle, sturdy close-toed walking shoes,wear comfortable trekking clothes suitable for the weather, Optional: small backpack, camera, sunglasses, sun protection (hat and sun block)
- Minimum age on this tour is 12 years. If you are under 16, you must climb our via ferrata with an adult guardian. For children under 12 a private tour may be an option. Please request upon booking.
- All minors (16 years and under) require an adult guardian’s signature on their waiver. There are no upper age limits to this activity.
- Please let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements
- Please advise if over 220 pounds (100kg) or under 88 pounds (40kg)
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Must be able to climb a ladder and use both arms
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Training and safety briefing
- All equipment including helmets, harness, via ferrata lanyard, safety equipment
- GST(Goods and Services Tax)
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wildwire Wanaka in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.