There are hidden pools beneath towering falls, picnic swimming spots along the way and the views to the surrounding mountains and lakes are breathtaking.
Our intermediate climb involves approximately 3hrs of climbing steel ladder rungs and crossing 6 bridges next to a massive waterfall. This tour is perfect for active adventurers who love the exploring outdoors, waterfalls and beautiful places. You will be climbing next to vertical waterfalls and being happy with heights helps! Stay dry. No experience required.
Your intermediate tour starts in Wanaka with a spectacular drive. We teach you how to use the equipment then climb alongside Twin Falls waterfall. You will be climbing on steel ladder rungs and crossing wire bridges to finish at the base of a plunging 60m waterfall for a picnic lunch. We then walk down a mountain trail and then drive back to Wanaka.
If you are hesitant or just want a smaller taste, we recommend our beginner climb.
What You'll Get
We will meet you at our office and drive you for 20 minutes out to the waterfall. We will give you safety equipment and teach you how to use it on our practice boulder. Once you have completed this, we will start our Waterfall climb. You will climb approximately 300m vertically and travel alongside a cascading waterfall for approximately 3 hours using cables, steel rungs and crossing 5 bridges before reaching the base of a 60 meter waterfall. We will stop for food at the top and the descent is approximately 45 minutes by trail. We then drive back to town.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise if over 100kg or under 40kg
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Must be able to climb with both arms
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Professional guide
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Transport by private vehicle
- All necessary equipment
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Wildwire Wanaka in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.