Our vineyard and winery walking tour takes you behind the scenes into the world of wine making – a true ‘grape to glass’ experience. Tours are once a day at 11am and are 2 hours long. Walk through the vineyard and winery with the winemaker to see the processes to get from grapes to bottled wine. Finish with a tutored tasting with six of our current wines.
About This Deal
WANT TO FIND OUT HOW WINE IS ACTUALLY MADE?
Our vineyard and winery walking tour gives a behind the scenes look at the whole process – a true ‘grape to glass’ experience; our relaxed, fun and informative tours take you behind the scenes.
What is involved?
Our tour consists of three parts:
• A walking tour through the vineyard, here we will discuss a year in the vineyard, going through the key steps that get us through to harvest.
• A walking tour of the winery, here we will discuss the main processes to get from grapes to bottled wine.
• A tutored tasting in the cellar, here we will go through the main aspects of how to taste wine, and run through a tasting of six wines.
We operate one tour per day starting promptly at 11am. (Please be here no later than 10:50am to register)
The tours are run daily from the 1st October through to Easter Monday, then the tours are closed for the winter season.
Each tour has a maximum of 12 people, ensuring a personal experience.
Tours take between 1.5 and 2 hours, approximately 1 hour is walking, so please wear appropriate footwear for the vineyard (enclosed shoes are essential, no open toe shoes will be permissable).
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Infants and children (12 and under) are free provided they do not occupy a seat
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times (max one child per adult)
- Youths (under 18) can participate in the tour but will not be served alcohol
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years (persons under 25 must provide valid proof of age)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Wine tasting for attendees who are 18+ (verifiable by passport, NZDriving license or HANZ 18+ card)
- Free parking
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drink (available to purchase)
Ash Ridge Winery - Cellar Door
Please arrive no later than 10:50am to register
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Winery Tour at Ash Ridge in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
Need to Know
Fine Print and Helpful Information
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.