Zest Food Tours has been helping visitors discover fresh tastes in New Zealand’s café capital since 2003. Our friendly, local guides showcase Wellington, its history, art and eclectic architecture in ways that only locals can, in partnership with our lovely artisan providers, which are relationships developed over many years. We only take small groups (maximum 8 people) and aim to ensure all guests go away with memorable personalised experiences, and a thorough understanding of what makes Wellington tick. Because this tour includes an expertly wine or craft beer matched lunch at the conclusion, this will give you extra time with your knowledgeable guide to learn more about Wellington and New Zealand. And inside information on other great places to explore while you are in our beautiful region.
What You'll Get
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wellington i-SITE Visitor Information Centre, 111 Wakefield Street, Wellington 6011 New Zealand
The tour commences outside the Wellington iSite at 9.15am with introductions to your fellow guests, a little background on Wellington and Zest Food Tours, and some health and safety housekeeping before setting forth.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Zest Food Tours of New Zealand, 54 Monro Street, Seatoun, Wellington 6141 New Zealand
Zest Food Tours are part of the sustainable artisan and tourism story of Wellington. We take you behind the scenes of local food businesses beloved to Wellingtonians, to see and hear how the magic happens. From local coffee and chocolate to peanut butter, NZ native honey, a regional tasting platter and more, we will taste our way around the city before finishing with a light wine or craft beer matched lunch at a top Wellington eatery. Along the way we will weave the Wellington stories of our history, art, culture, architecture and what makes us tick.
As part of the sustainable story we pay all our tour partners for their time and products, and pay above the living wage. We also support food-related charities (Kaibosh Food Rescue and Eat My Lunch providing lunches to children in schools), so you are helping contribute to the sustainability of the region by touring with us.
Duration: 5 hours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travellers
- Dietary restrictions can be catered for if advised ahead of tour day
- Dress code is smart casual
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately including comfortable walking shoes, coat or sunscreen
- Tours are not available on public holidays
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required - please contact us if you are a solo traveller to see what date(s) tours have already met the minimum numbers
- A maximum of 8 people per booking - please contact us if you wish to book for more than 8 people
- Private tours are available on request (for an additional supplement)
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Bi-lingual private tours are also available on request - Danish, Dutch, French, Chinese and German
- Not recommended for persons in wheelchairs or with walking limitations
- Although Wellington City is flat, there are some steps and ramps on this tour
- A moderate amount of walking is involved - approximately 90 minutes all up (broken up by delicious eats and drinks!)
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Food tasting
- Light lunch matched with NZ wines or local craft beer
- Local professional guide
- Small group tour
- Information about Wellington's history, streetscapes, culture and more
- Entry/Admission - Wellington i-SITE Visitor Information Centre
- Entry/Admission - Zest Food Tours of New Zealand
- Transportation to/from attractions
111 Wakefield Street, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Zest Food Tours of NZ in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.