Your expert local guide will narrate as you take a scenic drive over the Remutaka Ranges, where you will enjoy wine tastings at a selection of Martinborough wineries, on this full day tour. Lunch will be served at a vineyard restaurant before the tour heads to the south Wairarapa coast. Visit the rugged coastal village of Ngawi and the North Island's largest permanent seal colony as well as a drive by of the famed “Paths of the Dead” from Lord of the Rings, the Putangirua Pinnacles. Finally climb the steps to the Cape Palliser Lighthouse for epic sweeping sea views before heading to the Lake Ferry Hotel on the edge of Lake Onoke for dinner. This 10 hour tour takes in a variety of stunning landscapes in the greater Wellington region.
What You'll Get
Viewing platform that grants spectacular views across the lakes and the valley beyond.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- A moderate amount of walking is involved on uneven surfaces
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum age is 18 years for wine tasting
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- Local accommodation (hotel) or cruise ship pickup and drop-off
- Local driver guide
- Live commentary on board
- Lunch (main dish and one drink)
- Wine tasting fees
- Dinner (main dish and one drink)
- Transport by air-conditioned private vehicle
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Poppies Martinborough
- Entry/Admission - Te Kairanga Wines
- Entry/Admission - Lake Ferry Hotel
111 Wakefield Street, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Default pick up location and tour departure point is Wellington i-SITE tour pick up zone at 111 Wakefield Street, Wellington.
- Wellington Cruise Terminal
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Zozo Travel Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.