Take a scenic drive up the Hutt Valley to the Stuart Macaskill Lakes and Kaitoke Regional Park including the film site of Rivendell. Enjoy the awe-inspiring drive over the Remutaka Ranges to the shores of Lake Onoke for a seaside lunch. Explore the spectacular ‘badlands erosion’ forming earth pillars at the Putangirua Pinnacles before visiting the North Island’s largest permanent fur seal colony. Finally conquer the climb to the Cape Palliser Lighthouse at the south eastern most point of the North Island. Dinner is served back in Martinborough at the historic Martinborough Hotel. Day Two sees you head to the east coast and traverse the Deliverance Track up to Castle Rock. Wander along the lagoon and reef up to the Castlepoint Lighthouse. Have lunch at the Whakataki Hotel before checking out the miraculous Mataikona Rocks (tide dependent). En route back to Wellington make three stops at a range of local wineries, a chocolate maker, a cheesemaker for a tasting experience at each.
What You'll Get
Wild south Wairarapa Coast
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- A moderate amount of walking is involved with optional challenging hikes. Bring comfortable walking or hiking shoes.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (a jacket is recommended)
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travelers
- 1x Dinner
- 2x Lunch
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Pick up and drop service
- Narration by an expert local driver guide in a private vehicle
- Small group tour
- Entry/Admission - Lake Ferry Hotel
- Entry/Admission - The Martinborough Hotel
- Entry/Admission - Whakataki Hotel
- Entry/Admission - Te Kairanga Wines
111 Wakefield Street, Wellington 6011, New Zealand
Traveler pickup is offered
Default pick up location is staring point for the tour at the Wellington i-SITE tour pick up zone. Please meet here if you are not getting a hotel or cruise ship pick up.
- Wellington Cruise Terminal
Returns to original departure point
You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
The tour identified in this promotion is made available through Viator. Groupon is not affiliated with or sponsored by the Zozo Travel Limited in connection with this deal. Please contact Groupon customer service for all inquiries related to this offer. Inquiries placed to Viator will be directed back to Groupon.
This offer is not eligible for promo codes.
The Fine Print
7-day cancellation rights do not apply; no refunds or exchanges permitted. Voucher valid only for date and time listed; may not be exchanged or redeemed for other dates. Purchaser name and phone number must be provided at checkout; this information will be shared with Viator and the tour operator for purposes of order fulfillment. Groupon promo codes may not be used for this offer. Groupon voucher Terms of Sale do not apply. See the tour operators terms and conditions for this offer here. Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised Goods and services.